There may be circumstances in which you can interact with us on third-party websites and services, such as e-commerce platforms that allow us to sell our products to you. Please visit the third party’s website or services to learn more about its products and services and relevant policies.
I. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect the following categories of information when you use our Services:
- Information you provide to us directly or through your engagement.
- Contact Information, including name, email address, and zip code (such as when signing up for our email list);
- Demographic information, including your birth day.
- Geolocation data, including geolocation information derived from your GPS and WiFi signals; and
- Correspondence you send to us or through the Services and other information you provide, including when you contact us, respond to messages and communications we send you, leave comments on blog posts, or interact with us on our social media channels.
- Information we collect automatically. We collect internet, electronic activity, and other information automatically from the devices and browsers that you use, including your device type; Internet protocol (IP) address; device and advertising identifiers; browser type and version; operating system and platform; Internet service provider; the date and time of your visit; information about the links you click, pages you view, and advertising you interact with within the Services and other information about how you use the Services; the technology on the devices you use to access these Services; and standard server log information. If you or your device experiences an error, we collect information about the error, the time the error occurred, the feature being used, the state of the application when the error occurred, and any communications or content provided at the time the error occurred.
We also receive information about you from other sources, including from other users of our Services, and third-party services and organizations. If you purchase items from us or our partners, we may receive information about your history and characteristics from those partners and sources that process your payment. Please note that information collected by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies.
Without this information, we are not able to provide you with all the requested services, and any differences in services are related to your information.
III. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand how we use the information we collect and when and with whom we may share that information.
GoodWheat uses the information it collects about you in a variety of ways, including:
- To provide you with the Services. We use your information to process transactions, open and maintain user accounts, provide you with the products and services that you request from us, facilitate the functionality of our Services, and customize the Services.
- To communicate with you, including about offers and promotions. We may send you emails or otherwise correspond with you to communicate about your use of the Services and your purchases, to respond to any customer service inquiries or requests for information, and to send you offers and marketing messages.
- To improve our Services. We use your information to maintain, improve, and administer our Services, including through troubleshooting, fraud detection, data analytics, and testing.
- To keep our Services and users safe. This includes to detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations. This includes using your information if needed to protect or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
GoodWheat may share your information in the following circumstances:
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that provide services to us for a variety of business purposes, such as customer service and data processing.
- Corporate affiliates. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates and across different brands owned or controlled by Arcadia Wellness.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, initial public offering, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of GoodWheat, our affiliates, users, or the public.
- With your consent or direction. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction. For example, we may partner with third parties to allow you to use points accrued through the Services for third-party benefits or services. In order to do that, we may make available information about your point accrual and engagement with the Services.
If you choose to engage in public activities on the Services, you should be aware that any information you share there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these areas. You should use caution in disclosing information while participating in these areas. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these public areas.
IV. ADVERTISING, COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
The following types of cookies are used on our Services:
- Essential cookies – These cookies enable you to use our Services. These cookies are essential to enable you to browse our Services and use certain features. Disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the Services. Without these cookies, certain services cannot be provided. These cookies also help keep our Services safe and secure.
- Preference cookies – These cookies store information such as your preferred country and language selection, login data and website preferences. Without these cookies, our Services may not be able to remember certain choices you've previously made (such as prior orders so you can re-order) or personalize your browsing experience by providing you with relevant information. These cookies can also be used to recognize your device so that you do not have to provide the same information more than once.
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information about how you use our Services such as which pages you visit regularly. These cookies are used to provide you with a high-quality experience by doing things such as tracking page load, site response times, and error messages.
- Content / advertising cookies – These cookies gather information about your use of our Services so we may improve your experience and provide you with more relevant content and advertising on our Services and elsewhere online and across your devices. They are also used to gather feedback on customer satisfaction through surveys. They remember that you've visited our Services and help us understand usage of our Services.
You may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. Some browsers have options that allow the visitor to control whether the browser will accept cookies, reject cookies, or notify the visitor each time a cookie is sent. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the “help” section). Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of the Services may no longer be available to you and any differences in service are related to the data. Deleting cookies may in some cases cancel the opt out selection in your browser.
Some of our third-party partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies. To learn more, please click here or here. For additional information on how Google processes your information and what choices you may have, visit their site here. Due to differences between websites and mobile apps, you may need to take additional steps to opt out of interest-based advertising for mobile applications. Please check your device settings and mobile app permissions for additional information on how to opt out. You also may stop further data collection from a mobile application by removing it from your mobile device.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some mobile and web browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
V. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
If you wish to opt out of receiving offers directly from GoodWheat, you can unsubscribe by following the opt-out instructions in the emails that we send you located at the footer of the communication.
You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to request access to, correction, and deletion of your information or more information about our information practices. Requests should be submitted in writing as set out below. If you become aware of changes or inaccuracies in your information, you should inform us of such changes so that the information may be updated or corrected. Once we receive your request, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity.
You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to submit a request through an authorized agent. To designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights and choices on your behalf, please provide evidence that you have given such agent power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf.
You also may be able to control our collection and use of your location information through your mobile device or app settings.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights and choices, although some of the functionality and features available on the Service may change or no longer be available to you in accordance with applicable laws.
VI. INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
To the extent we process any personal information that is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), the categories of personal information that we have collected and disclosed for a business purpose in the past 12 months are described above. We also describe the sources from which we collect personal information and the purposes for which we collect, use, and share this information above. We do not sell your personal information to third parties as defined in the CCPA.
VII. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We do not knowingly collect or sell any information from children, as defined by applicable law, without parental consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
IX. DATA RETENTION, SECURITY, AND INTEGRITY
Information will be retained only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above and consistent with our retention policies, in accordance with applicable laws.
We maintain reasonable security measures to safeguard information from loss, theft interference, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We also maintain reasonable procedures to help ensure that such data is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete, and current. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure, accurate, complete, or current. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
XI. CONTACT INFORMATION