Chili Mac & Cheese
- 6oz GoodWheat Elbow Pasta
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Yellow onion, diced
- 8oz Ground beef 90/10
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. Black pepper, ground
- 1 qt. Beef broth
- 14 ½ oz Fire-roasted tomatoes, canned, diced
- 1 c. Kidney beans, canned, drained, rinsed
- 1 c. Cannellini beans, canned, drained, rinsed
- 1 c. Pepper Jack cheese, grated
- 1 c. Cheddar cheese, sharp, grated
How to Make:
In a large Dutch oven over high heat, add the extra virgin olive oil.
Add the onion and sauté until translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Add the ground beef and break into crumbles using a wooden spoon or spatula. Cook until brown.
Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
Add the chipotle powder, cumin, oregano, salt and black pepper and sauté for 30 seconds.
Add the beef broth, fire-roasted tomatoes, kidney beans and cannellini beans. Stir to combine.
Bring to a boil and add the Elbow pasta.
Cook Elbow pasta until al dente, stirring every few minutes.
Once the pasta is cooked through, add the cheddar cheese and Pepper Jack cheese and stir until melted, approximately 2 minutes.
Remove from heat.
- Total Fat 14g 18%
- Saturated Fat 7g 35%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 45mg 15%
- Sodium 1100mg 48%
- Total Carbohydrate 30g 11%
- Dietary Fiber 7g 25%
- Total Sugars 5g
- Added Sugars 0g 0%
- Protein 20g
- Vitamin D 0mcg 0%
- Calcium 275mg 20%
- Iron 3mg 15%
- Potassium 424mg 10%